FEA Engineer (COLUMBUS, OH)
Complex Mechanical Systems
SIGN ON BONUS
$55,000 - $75,000 plus solid benefits and bonus potential
The FEA Engineer supports internal and external customers’ products by analyzing product designs and analysis and offering modifications to that work to improve structural integrity, make system/component enhancements, improve safety, cost efficiencies or weight optimizations when appropriate.
- Performs research and testing, gather data and measurements, and engineering analyses.
- Modeling of complex mechanisms and mechanical systems for dynamics, kinematics, and force analysis.
- Root cause utilizing CAE tools to find and implement system enhancements and resolutions.
- Create CAE reports linking simulated data to empirical results and providing potential product improvements, cost and weight reductions, and solutions.
- Create novel simulation and analysis techniques.
- Propose design changes and countermeasures while following FMVSS and customer safety targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME); Master’s degree preferred
- 0 to 3 years of experience
- Prefer experience in one or more: Hypermesh, Hyperview, Nastran, LS Dyna, PAM Comfort, PrePost, Altair OptiStruct, Matlab; CATIA v5 a plus
- Prefer familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership ability and the capability to work independently and within groups
- Able to navigate external and internal customer relationships
- Excellent communication and report writing/annotation skills
Generally speaking, for traditional FEA Engineering roles any automotive, medical or aerospace mechanisms or mechanical system should be considered an applicable and synergistic component with most of my clients.
Synergistic Product Lines:
Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs
PLEASE NOTE! If you want your resume to be viewed more quickly, please place the words "resume-power systems" (if you have power sliding door / lift gate experience) or "resume-mechanisms" (if you have general mechanism experience) or "resume-seats" (if you have seating experience, etc.) in your subject line.
keywords: Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs, Columbus, Detroit, Troy, Auburn Hills, Ann Arbor, Plymouth, Denver, Colorado, Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Arizona, San Jose, San Diego, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, Atlanta, Savannah, Georgia, New York, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Mexico, San Antonio, Brownsville, McAllen, El Paso, Texas, Seattle, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Germany, Japan, German, Japanese, Spanish
© All web site or advertisement design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software are Copyright protected. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this Web site, including reproduction, modification, distribution of republication, without the prior written consent of is strictly prohibited.