Product Design Engineer (ALLENTOWN, PA)
SENIOR PRODUCT ENGINEER
Lehigh Valley, PA
SIGN ON BONUS
$65,000 - $90,000 (plus)
My client is at the top of their game! With a sales group, technical center and manufacturing facility located near Allentown, they’ve been a recognized leader in their industry for over 50 years, have a global customer presence, and are known for their technical innovation, creativity and fantastic work-life balance.
- Must be experienced in developing and designing mechanical/electromechanical consumer-related, aerospace-related, furniture-related or automotive-related complex mechanical systems
- The Senior Product Engineer will lead the design and engineering development of these products and assemblies
- The Senior Product Engineer is the lead engineer on projects that will be supported by other company team members, including but limited to - mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, design engineers, test engineers, manufacturing, quality, sales and product management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes a lead role in supporting multiple engineers on multiple projects.
- Coaches, trains, mentors and develops other product engineers.
- Supports Product strategy activities as directed by executive leadership.
- Responsible for product design, engineering and development of assigned programs.
- Writes engineering specifications and technical reports.
- Leads multi-disciplined design reviews on programs assigned.
- Understands, interprets, and applies design solutions.
- Maintains BOM on assigned products.
- Initiates Engineering Change Notices for engineering changes.
- Coordinates prototype builds on assigned programs, including development of prototype build control plan.
- Works closely with manufacturing engineers and purchasing on component procurement.
- Performs Design Review by Test Result teardown analysis of passing and failing test parts.
- Performs root cause analysis for test or production issues.
- Monitors individual program status and reports this information to Leadership.
- Represents Company in Program Development Team meetings and with customer.
- Utilizes the company Program Development Process for program implementation.
- Utilizes the company Knowledge Management System for communicating engineering-related program deliverables.
- Reports progress to Leadership both verbally and in writing as required.
- Generates and implements cost reduction ideas.
- Uses and develops engineering tools and methods to assure design quality, mentors others in there use and learning of these tools.
- Periodic travel to suppliers, company facilities, and off-site meetings as required.
- Leads company initiatives and global teams as required.
- Interfaces with global customers, partners, and suppliers as required.
Skills and Experiences
- Expert at designing and engineering mechanical/electro-mechanical systems.
- Able to conceptualize, plan and develop mechanical/electro-mechanical devices and mechanisms.
- Able to perform strength of material and static force calculations.
- Have the ability to perform and/or interpret force/stress calculations is required.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Have mechanical aptitude to work with tools in tearing down product assemblies.
- Able to multi-task, plan and organize work efficiently and effectively.
- Able to work in a cross functional team and be able to effectively communicate ideas.
- Able to present engineering data and progress directly to customers.
- Must be self-sufficient and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Have experience with DFMEA, DFM, DFA.
- Have experience in performing tolerance stacks.
- Have experience dimensioning and applying tolerances to components and assemblies.
- Have a working knowledge of GD&T principles.
- Have experience with design for manufacturability/assembly (mechanisms, metal stampings, plastic injection molded parts, die cast parts, gears, etc).
- Have 3D modeling experience (Pro-E, UG/NX or CATIA V5).
- Have experience in formal root cause analysis methodology. Red X or 8D is preferred.
- Have experience in working with CAE analysis team (FEA, ADAMS, Moldflow, etc).
- BSME/Technical Degree and 5+ years’ experience or MSME and 3+ years’ experience
- Complex mechanical/electro-mechanical l systems
Synergistic Product Lines:
Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs
PLEASE NOTE! If you want your resume to be viewed more quickly, please place the words "resume-power systems" (if you have power sliding door / lift gate experience) or "resume-mechanisms" (if you have general mechanism experience) or "resume-seats" (if you have seating experience, etc.) in your subject line.
key words: project engineer, senior project engineer, core engineer, research and design, product engineer, design engineer, CATIA, v5, GD&T, FEA, DFMEA, UG, NX, Pro-E, Windchill, tolerance stacks, complex mechanical systems, door module, window regulators, seating, latches, convertible, topstack, sunroof, hinges, Power Lift Gate, power sliding door, door modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, clutches, gearboxes, furniture, sofas , chairs, tables, office products, adjustable monitor stands, automation, dimmers and switches, fan controls, shades, LEDs, AGVs, assembly systems, landing gear, cargo doors, injection molded plastics, powdered metal components, stampings, roll formed components, extrusions and castings, CAE analysis, electric motor, gear design, worm gears, helical gear, gearbox, electromagnetic clutches, slip clutches, mechanical and/or electromagnetic braking systems, force calculations, torque calculations, gear ratio calculations, ADAMS, kinematics, gaskets, sealing, spring design, sensors, hall-effect sensors, screw design, motor performance curve analysis. NORTHAMPTON COUNTY Allen Twp. Bangor Bath Bethlehem Twp. Bushkill Twp. Chapman East Allen Twp. East Bangor Forks Twp. Freemansburg Glendon Hanover wp. (N) Hellertown Lehigh Twp. Lower Mount Bethel Twp. Lower Nazareth Twp. Lower Saucon Twp. Moore Twp. Nazareth Northampton North Catasauqua Palmer Twp. Pen Argyl Plainfield Twp. Portland Roseto Stockertown Tatamy Upper Mount Bethel Twp. Upper Nazareth Twp. Walnutport Washington Twp. (N) West Easton Williams Twp. Wilson Wind Gap LEHIGH COUNTY Alburtis Catasauqua Coopersburg Coplay Emmaus Fountain Hill Hanover Twp. (L) Heidelberg Twp. Lower Macungie Twp. Lower Milford Twp. Lowhill Twp. Lynn Twp. Macungie North Whitehall Twp. Salisbury Twp. Slatington South Whitehall Twp. Upper Macungie Twp. Upper Milford Twp. Upper Saucon Twp. Washington Twp. (L) Weisenberg Twp. Whitehall Twp. CARBON COUNTY Banks Twp. Beaver Meadows Bowmanstown East Penn Twp. East Side Franklin Twp. Jim Thorpe Kidder Twp. Lansford Lausanne Twp. Lehigh Twp. Lehighton Lower Towamensing Twp. Mahoning Twp. Nesquehoning Packer Twp. Palmerton Parryville Penn Forest Twp. Summit Hill Towamensing Twp. Weatherly Weissport Ambler Bridgeport Collegeville Conshohocken East Greenville Green Lane Hatboro Hatfield Jenkintown Lansdale Narberth North Wales Pennsburg Pottstown Red Hill Rockledge Royersford Schwenksville Souderton Telford (lies partly in Bucks County) Trappe West Conshohocken