Product Design Engineer (Auburn Hills, MI)
Product Design ENGINEER
Auburn Hills, MI
SIGN ON BONUS
$95,000 - $135,000 (plus bonus, benefits)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for product design and development of assigned latch programs.
- Creates and maintains DFMEA.
- Writes engineering specifications and technical reports.
- Leads multi-disciplined design reviews on programs assigned.
- Understands, interprets, and applies design solutions based on FEA.
- Maintains BOM on assigned products.
- Writes Engineering Change Orders.
- Coordinates prototype builds on assigned programs, including development of prototype build control plan.
- Works closely with manufacturing engineers and purchasing on component procurement.
- Creates Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R) for assigned products and assist test lab in associated EE and DV testing.
- Performs Design Review by Test Result (DRBTR) teardown analysis of passing and failing test parts.
- Performs root cause analysis for test or production issues.
- Monitors individual program status and reports this information to Engineering Manager and Program Manager.
- Represents company in weekly Program Development Team meetings with customer.
- Utilizes the company Program Development Process (PDP) for program implementation.
- Utilizes the company Knowledge Management System (SKMS) for communicating engineering-related program deliverables.
- Reports progress to manager in verbally and in writing as required.
- Generates and implements cost reduction ideas.
- Periodic travel to customer, suppliers, and other company facilities is required (~10%).
- Open to consider potential overseas assignments supporting global projects for the company.
- Must be able to conceptualize, plan and develop small electrical/mechanical devices such as automotive latches and seatback latch mechanisms.
- Be able to perform strength of material and static force calculations.
- 3D modeling experience (Pro-E, UG/NX or CATIA).
- Must be able to read engineering prints.
- Should have a working knowledge of GD&T principles. Should have experience dimensioning and applying tolerances.
- Able to perform tolerance stacks.
- Must have mechanical aptitude to work with tools in tearing down product assemblies.
- Must be able to multi-task, plan and organize work.
- Must be able to work in a cross functional team and be able to effectively communicate ideas.
- Must be able to present engineering data and progress directly to customers.
- Must be self-sufficient and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience with MS Office applications required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Should have experience in formal root cause analysis methodology. Red X or 8D is preferred.
- Ability to design springs and perform spring force/stress calculations is preferred.
- Experience with Design for manufacturability/assembly (mechanisms, metal stampings, plastic injection molding)
- Experience with FEA preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BSME, BSIE or related technical degree is required.
- 1-3 years minimum experience in product development required. Engineering co-op experience may be applied.
- Previous project leadership desirable.
- Business knowledge, understanding desirable.
- Product design experience of seat or body hardware latches desirable.
- German and/or Spanish language knowledge desirable.
Synergistic Product Lines:
Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs
PLEASE NOTE! If you want your resume to be viewed more quickly, please place the words "resume-power systems" (if you have power sliding door / lift gate experience) or "resume-mechanisms" (if you have general mechanism experience) or "resume-seats" (if you have seating experience, etc.) in your subject line.
keywords: Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs, Columbus, Detroit, Troy, Auburn Hills, Ann Arbor, Plymouth, Denver, Colorado, Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Arizona, San Jose, San Diego, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, Atlanta, Savannah, Georgia, New York, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Mexico, San Antonio, Brownsville, McAllen, El Paso, Texas, Seattle, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Germany, Japan, German, Japanese, Spanish
© All web site or advertisement design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software are Copyright protected. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this Web site, including reproduction, modification, distribution of republication, without the prior written consent of is strictly prohibited.