Senior Product Engineer (Auburn Hills, MI)
SENIOR PRODUCT ENGINEER
Auburn Hills, Mi
SIGN ON BONUS
$95,000 - $120,000 (plus)
My client is an automotive supplier of complex mechanical systems with a sales and technical office located in Auburn Hills, Michigan. The company has been in business for over 75 years, has a global customer base, and has progressed from complex mechanical systems to include powered systems.
- Must be experienced in developing electro-mechanical automotive complex mechanical systems
- The Senior Product Engineer will lead the design and engineering development of electro-mechanical products and assemblies
- The Senior Product Engineer is the lead engineer on projects that will be supported by other mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, motor and clutch engineers, design engineers, test engineers and software engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes a lead role in supporting multiple engineers on multiple projects.
- Coaches, trains, mentors and develops other product engineers in the electro-mechanical system field.
- Supports Product strategy activities as directed by Engineering Manager.
- Mechanical and electromagnetic braking systems.
- Responsible for product design, engineering and development of assigned programs.
- Creates and maintains DFMEA.
- Writes engineering specifications and technical reports.
- Leads multi-disciplined design reviews on programs assigned.
- Understands, interprets, and applies design solutions based on CAE analysis.
- Maintains BOM on assigned products.
- Initiates Engineering Change Notices for engineering changes.
- Coordinates prototype builds on assigned programs, including development of prototype build control plan.
- Works closely with manufacturing engineers and purchasing on component procurement.
- Performs Design Review by Test Result (DRBTR) teardown analysis of passing and failing test parts.
- Performs root cause analysis for test or production issues.
- Monitors individual program status and reports this information to Engineering Manager and Program Manager.
- Represents company in weekly Program Development Team meetings with customer.
- Utilizes the company Program Development Process (PDP) for program implementation.
- Utilizes the company Knowledge Management System (SKMS) for communicating engineering-related program deliverables.
- Reports progress to manager both verbally and in writing as required.
- Generates and implements cost reduction ideas.
- Uses and develops engineering tools and methods to assure design quality, mentors others in there use and learning of these tools.
- Periodic travel to customer, suppliers, other facilities is required (~10%).
- Leads company initiatives and global teams as required.
- Interfaces with global customers, partners, and suppliers as required.
Skills and Experiences
- Expert at designing and engineering electro-mechanical systems.
- Able to conceptualize, plan and develop small electro-mechanical devices and mechanisms.
- Able to perform strength of material and static force calculations.
- Have the ability to design springs and perform spring force/stress calculations is required.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Have mechanical aptitude to work with tools in tearing down product assemblies.
- Able to multi-task, plan and organize work efficiently and effectively.
- Able to work in a cross functional team and be able to effectively communicate ideas.
- Able to present engineering data and progress directly to customers.
- Must be self-sufficient and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Have experience with DFMEA, DFM, DFA.
- Have experience in performing tolerance stacks.
- Have experience dimensioning and applying tolerances to components and assemblies.
- Have a working knowledge of GD&T principles.
- Have experience with design for manufacturability/assembly (mechanisms, metal stampings, plastic injection molded parts, die cast parts, gears etc).
- Have 3D modeling experience (Pro-E, UG/NX or CATIA V5).
- Have experience in designing gears and performing gear calculations.
- Have experience in formal root cause analysis methodology. Red X or 8D is preferred.
- Have experience in working with CAE analysis team (FEA, ADAMS, Moldflow etc).
- BSME/Technical Degree and 15+ years experience or MSME and 10+ years experience
- Complex automotive electro-mechanical systems
Please feel free to send a resume me directly through LinkedIn or e-mail at email@example.com. Salary expectations are helpful.
- - no relocation offered - -
Synergistic Product Lines:
Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs
PLEASE NOTE! If you want your resume to be viewed more quickly, please place the words "resume-power systems" (if you have power sliding door / lift gate experience) or "resume-mechanisms" (if you have general mechanism experience) or "resume-seats" (if you have seating experience, etc.) in your subject line.
keywords: Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs, Columbus, Detroit, Troy, Auburn Hills, Ann Arbor, Plymouth, Denver, Colorado, Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Arizona, San Jose, San Diego, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, Atlanta, Savannah, Georgia, New York, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Mexico, San Antonio, Brownsville, McAllen, El Paso, Texas, Seattle, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Germany, Japan, German, Japanese, Spanish
© All web site or advertisement design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software are Copyright protected. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this Web site, including reproduction, modification, distribution of republication, without the prior written consent of is strictly prohibited.