Senior Project Engineer (Columbus, OH)
Senior Project ENGINEER
Complex Mechanical Systems
SIGN ON BONUS
$85,000 - $120,000 plus benefits and bonus potential
This is a Senior Project Engineer reporting directly to the engineering manager. The engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of the seating system in support of customer requirements. This includes supporting the seat design and directly interfacing with the customer and providing engineering direction during design reviews with Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Quality divisions within company, customer, and suppliers.
- 3+ years in automotive complex mechanical systems design and engineering, latches, window regulators or seating preferred.
- Willingness to travel to customer facility and suppliers
- Mechanical aptitude for problem solving using tools such as KT, A3, FTA, 8D, etc *Basic computer skills (Windows, MS Office, etc.)
- Understanding of basic GD&T and ability to facilitate/develop and implement on drawings
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis of data (performance/supplier dimensional data) and interpret data to understand trends.
- Catia V5 2D drawing and layout creation & 3D design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively, visually, and succinctly summarize and deliver information to the appropriate groups
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload effectively - create personal tactical timing plans and manage internal/external workload accordingly
- Possess ability to engage and interact with a diverse team across cultures in a global environment
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive professional relationships with Internal (ex: BU Eng, Mfg., etc.) and External (OEM) customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Embrace multi-cultural environments
- Previous experience in automotive latches, window regulators or seating preferred but not necessary
Synergistic Product Lines:
Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs
PLEASE NOTE! If you want your resume to be viewed more quickly, please place the words "resume-power systems" (if you have power sliding door / lift gate experience) or "resume-mechanisms" (if you have general mechanism experience) or "resume-seats" (if you have seating experience, etc.) in your subject line.
keywords: Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs, Columbus, Detroit, Troy, Auburn Hills, Ann Arbor, Plymouth, Denver, Colorado, Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Arizona, San Jose, San Diego, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, Atlanta, Savannah, Georgia, New York, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Mexico, San Antonio, Brownsville, McAllen, El Paso, Texas, Seattle, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Germany, Japan, German, Japanese, Spanish
© All web site or advertisement design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software are Copyright protected. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this Web site, including reproduction, modification, distribution of republication, without the prior written consent of is strictly prohibited.