Senior Project Engineer (Detroit, MI)
SENIOR Project ENGINEER
SIGN ON BONUS
$85,000 - $125,000 (plus bonus, benefits)
Reports to: Director of Engineering
In addition to the stated duties and responsibilities in this position description, commitment and adherence to Company Core Values & Principles is required. Your personal commitment to this philosophy will enable us to remain competitive in today’s aggressive automotive marketplace.
Primary Job Function:
Manages and guides the Product Engineers in regard to their program responsibilities. Plans and conducts the Engineering needs and acts as a liaison between the other departments of the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Lead & own the process of preparing design deliverables with due consideration for applicable Codes & Standards.
- Act as the direct technical contact to the customer.
- Take ownership of deliverables produced & their quality.
- Balance the engineering workload for the program team.
- Work with department leads to ensure the best cross functional solution is found.
- Lead design reviews and document open issues.
- Lead the development and maintenance of DFMEA’s & DVP&R’s
- Interpret analysis & validation results to drive design direction.
- Lead root cause analysis teams in support of open issues.
- Participate in cross functional Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) meetings.
- Ensure the usage of standardized procedures and processes.
- Support creation of design standards and work instructions.
- Have good business sense and be cost conscious
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- BS in Engineering or related discipline with specific engineering application and 10+ years of experience.
- A minimum of an associated degree in a related technical field plus 15+ years of related work experience in an engineering discipline.
- Expert knowledge of Catia V5 or comparable CAD software.
- Experience in mechanism design (convertible top mechanism design a plus).
- Working knowledge of a Data Management System (SAP, Team Center, etc).
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Desired:
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes and their impact on product design.
- Strong knowledge of the development and the Program Management processes and it’s impact to the product.
- Ability to demonstrate a proficiency in the change process, the release and documentation of engineering status.
- Experience in disciplined approaches to problem solving (Red X, DFSS, etc).
- Fast paced Automotive Manufacturing & Engineering Team environment.
- Travel as much as 10% on short notice.
Synergistic Product Lines:
Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs
PLEASE NOTE! If you want your resume to be viewed more quickly, please place the words "resume-power systems" (if you have power sliding door / lift gate experience) or "resume-mechanisms" (if you have general mechanism experience) or "resume-seats" (if you have seating experience, etc.) in your subject line.
keywords: Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs, Columbus, Detroit, Troy, Auburn Hills, Ann Arbor, Plymouth, Denver, Colorado, Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Arizona, San Jose, San Diego, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, Atlanta, Savannah, Georgia, New York, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Mexico, San Antonio, Brownsville, McAllen, El Paso, Texas, Seattle, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Germany, Japan, German, Japanese, Spanish
© All web site or advertisement design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software are Copyright protected. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this Web site, including reproduction, modification, distribution of republication, without the prior written consent of is strictly prohibited.